Friday, May 11, 2007

What's going on?

A couple of hours ago, I started hearing strange sounds coming from the street outside my office window. Sounds that have only increased in volume and power, to the point where I went outside to satisfy my curiosity.

Turns out, they're paving the street. Let me see if this makes any sense to you: They're paving the street, starting around 8:30 PM...on Friday night. I live right near the freeway exit that leads to the University and surrounding district, too.

Somebody thought that would be a good idea. My entire apartment is vibrating (not in a good way) and traffic is backed up as far as the eye can see. And somebody thought that would be a good idea.

Boy, I sure am glad I wasn't planning on doing anything tonight that might benefit from silent contemplation, something like, oh I dunno...writing or something.

Oh, wait...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well at least they're not doing it during rush hour....