Sunday, September 30, 2007

R.I.P; Miss Moneypenny

Lois Maxwell, 1927-2007.

Here. with the aid of the "Memorable Quotes" section of their respective IMDb pages, are my favorite examples of "the customary byplay with 007."

From Dr. No:



[Slaps Bond's hand away from the papers on her desk]
James Bond: Moneypenny! What gives?
Miss Moneypenny: Me, given an ounce of encouragement. You've never taken me to dinner looking like this. You've never taken me to dinner...
James Bond: I would, you know. Only "M" would have me court-martialed for... illegal use of government equipment.
Miss Moneypenny: Flattery will get you nowhere - but don't stop trying.


From Diamonds Are Forever:



Bond: What can I bring you back from Holland?
Moneypenny: A diamond? In a ring?
Bond: Would you settle for a tulip?
Moneypenny: [Bond leaves; she sighs longingly] Mm, yes.


And from Moonraker:

Miss Moneypenny: Why are you so late, James?
James Bond: I fell out of an airplane without a parachute. Who's in there?
Miss Moneypenny: Q and the Minister of Defense.
James Bond: You don't believe me, do you?
Miss Moneypenny: No.

No comments: