Saturday, October 06, 2007

I didn't think I was that far out on the fringe

According to one of those "find your candidate" quizes, if I were to support the candidate with whom I most agree on the issues, that candidate would be...Dennis Kucinich. My other "top matches" included first runner up Mike Gravel, about whom I know little.

We have to wait until third place to find a candidate I actually like, John Edwards. The more the "haircut story" goes around, the more I like him, becuase the more I think he scares Republicans.

Hillary Clinton is fourth. My problems with Mrs Clinton go back at least as far as the chocolate chip cookie recipe thing. Yes, I think there was "a vast, right-wing conspiracy"-but I also think she and Bill played right into their hands.

My "middle of the pack" candidates start with Barack Obama, which surprises me. As with Edwards, based on likability, I expected him to be higher. Then comes Joe Biden, with whom I became disenchanted a long time ago. Chris Dodd is in the same category with Mike Gravel. Ditto Bill Richardson.

Ron Paul scores highest for me among Republicans, which doesn't surprise me, as he doesn't support Bush's war in the middle east. Here's the rest of my "middle of the pack" score:


Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R) - 28.57%
Arizona Senator John McCain (R) - 21.43%
Businessman John Cox (R) - 17.86%
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee (R) - 14.29%
Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney (R) - 10.71%


And finally, the "bottom of the barrel." Four candidates who will get my vote when they pry it from my cold, dead hands:
Colorado Representative Tom Tancredo (R) - 7.14%
Kansas Senator Sam Brownback (R) - 3.57%
California Representative Duncan Hunter (R) - 0.00%
Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson (R) - 0%


I note with gallows humor that if this is accurate, my nightmare Republican ticket would be Hunter/Thompson. Saints preserve us, Uncle Duke.

No comments: