Friday, October 05, 2007

Ok, this is getting freaky

I decided to post a video for "Pineapple Face," by Revenge. Revenge was a 1990 electronic/rock/house/indie trio formed by Peter Hook, bass player with New Order.

I don't often post two videos in a row, but this is a really good record and one I hadn't heard for a while, although I do still have the album. (A pre-release tape, no less.)

So I do the usual search on Google, and find the video.



Watching it, I'm thinking about how I can get a good joke out of the fact that the imagery is so heavily lesbo. Something I either never knew or had forgotten.

You know, something along the lines of "dear god, I can't get away!" I've done it before. (For any of you who don't know, I have this story I've been trying to sell about a lesbian couple named Annabel and Keitha.)

But then I do a second Google search looking for a little more information about Revenge I can sprinkle throughout this post.

That's when I find out that the single release of "Pineapple Face" contained a credit for "Revenge girl." I'm assuming this is a reference to the model featured in the front cover artwork.

Her name?

...Keita.

No comments: