Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Greek is still the girliest show I watch

Though I admit I've never seen much of Gossip Girl. Caught an episode of Lipstick Jungle, though, and it made me sick. What I'm saying is that although I'm not embarassed to like girly things, I don't like things just because they're girly.

But I like Greek, even though I'm out of its demographic by both sex and age. It's doing pretty well for itself nonetheless.

If everything said below isn't enough, you wanna check out the sexy babes?


Left, Jessica Rose, aka lonelygirl15.

Below, Dilshad Vadsaria.


Left, Amber Stevens.

In a way I'd compare it to Friday Night Lights--because like that series centered around a football team, it's from our "I can't believe how much I like a show about this" category.

If you haven't discovered it yet, here's a worthwhile article on the series, which returned last night (the first "chapter" just came out on DVD, too). Excerpts:

Maybe you don't like fraternities and sororities. Maybe you hate nepotism and therefore refuse to watch a show starring Kelsey Grammer's daughter.

Or maybe you're just inherently opposed to anything on ABC Family.


I'm here to tell you it's well worth watching.


Even if Greek doesn't sound like your cup of tea, it's worth experiencing because it may surprise you. In many ways, the show resembles the Judd Apatow TV world, a cross between Freaks and Geeks ([Jacob] Zachar, who plays Rusty, even looks like John Francis Daley) and Undeclared, particularly the episodes that focused on frat life. Greek is smarter than you'd expect from a show about sororities, it's sweeter than you'd expect from a show about fraternities, and it's a whole lot better than you'd expect from the network that has recently specialized in straight-to-cable sequels of movies like Bring It On or The Cutting Edge.

No comments: