Thursday, April 03, 2008

This offends me.

Any time I post about Ann Coulter, I always feel the need for a shower afterwards. It seems so clear to me she is at the very least, missing a fuse, and her writing such obvious masturbation material for republicans of the 21st century. Her suppositions are as gaunt as Christina Ricci's body.

So going after her feels a little like pulling wings off flies. But I am not proof against temptation, and when I get my daily summary from Media Matters and see this...
In an April 2 syndicated column titled "Obama's Dimestore 'Mein Kampf,' " Ann Coulter wrote of Sen. Barack Obama's 1995 memoir, Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance: "Has anybody read this book? Inasmuch as the book reveals Obama to be a flabbergasting lunatic, I gather the answer is no.


It offends me. It offends me not simply because I am for Obama, admire him and think he'll make a good president. It offends me also because, as it happens, I have read that book. He's a very fine writer, and I want to read his other.

And lastly (as I've said elsewhere), for what it's worth...whenever someone brings out a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler, I tend to assume they don't have much of substance to throw up.

(Godwin's Law--it's not just for Usenet anymore)

No comments: