Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I just rented Saw I--IV, but this...this scares me

Family Guy creator seals megadeal

After two-and-a-half years of negotiations, Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane has inked a new deal with 20th Century Fox TV that would make him the highest-paid writer-producer working in television.


The pact, which could be worth more than $US100 million, will keep MacFarlane at 20th TV through 2012.



You realize what this means, don't you? It means the creator of Family Guy will be paid more money than David E. Kelley (Boston Legal), Trey Parker & Matt Stone (South Park), Hart Hanson (Bones), Patrick Sean Smith (Greek), David Shore (House), or Donald Todd (Samantha Who?).

I mean, it's not like any of those people are likely to see a negative balance in their checking accounts any time soon, but, still...The creator of Family Guy?

Oh, I shan't sleep soundly tonight...

No comments: