Monday, May 05, 2008

The year is 2008, the place...Ben Varkentine's mind...

She Memed me.

Becca, that is.

Here are the rules:

A) The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
B) Each player answers the questions about himself or herself.
C) At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.


1. Ten years ago I was:

Hanging out on radw

Listening to old radio tapes

Watching Babylon 5.

Reading comics like 300 and Usagi Yojimbo, reading the Comics Buyer's Guide

Beginning to become disgusted with the "National Inquirer" level to which our media was beginning to sink

Not seeing Titanic in the theater, despite the promise of a naked Kate Winslet.

Enjoying A Bug's Life, The Truman Show, Gods & Monsters; Out Of Sight

Not enjoying Lethal Weapon 4

Reading Neil Gaiman, Nick Hornby, Steve Martin, Terry Pratchett; Jules Witcover

Not reading J.K. Rowling.

Realizing it will never be the '80s, musically, again.

Enjoying a Backsteet Boys song or two when nobody was looking.

Beginning to lose what little respect for Madonna I had left.

I think that was the year I saw the musical Ragtime, and liked it.

Thinking Billie Piper was just an English Britney Spears. Who knew? ...no pun intended.

2. Five things on today's to do list:

"Eye-Z Clo-Z"

Go to the bank.

Grocery shopping.

Finish a book or two that are due back at the library tomorrow.

Watch Bones, Greek, House (is it me or do those go together?); Samantha Who.

3. Things I'd do if I were a billionaire:

Send myself to film school.

Buy a home in the SF Bay Area.

Buy one KICKASS sound system. Also, a brand new car.

4. Three bad habits:

Letting mail pile up, letting dishes pile up, and letting piles pile up...

Eating like I still think I'm a kid.

Getting caught up in how bad our media is...

5. Five places I've lived:

Menlo Park, Palo Alto, San Jose, Mountain View, Seattle.

6. Six jobs I've had in my life:

Used bookstore night manager, fantasy bookstore stock boy, comics store stock boy, library staff, writer for college paper, playwright.

And I'll toss this one towards George, TRO, PJ, M.Yu, and the Viper if he has time.

3 comments:

George said...

Done.

Becca said...

Wow you've had alot of fun sounding jobs!

Oh and I thought Billie Piper was just the english Britney too. I saw that Showtime is going to be airing that sexy new show of hers. I'll have to check it out.

Very cool! Thanks for doing this!

Viper said...

Aaaaaaaaaand...

Done.

http://vipersden.blogspot.com/2008/05/back-when-i-was-young-in-1998.html