Sunday, March 15, 2009

The speech that will live on.

The actor Ron Silver has died.

He was in a dozen or so movies and won a Tony onstage but I knew him best from The West Wing, where he recurred as Bruno Gianelli, who headed up the campaign to reelect Martin Sheen.

As such he had one of my most-referenced speeches.



Ironically, at or around the time that speech was filmed, Silver was making a transition in his own life from Democrat to republican. He really became quite buddy-buddy with Bush, at least for while. But at a time like this, a man should be judged by the best and not the least of his actions.

Just as an aside, my "Everything I like is connected to everything else I like" theory still holds true...in that clip, you might also notice future Friday Night Lights star Connie Britton...

No comments: