Sunday, April 05, 2009

Links that quite possibly no one will click

Given that I don't know for sure who reading this blog watches Dr. Who, apart from Corey, and he sent me the links in the first place so he's not going to be clicking on them now. But anyway.

Corey sent me links to a couple of interviews with outgoing Who writer/producer Russell T. Davies and Doctor actor (also outgoing) David Tennant.

Here's a couple of good bits from the RTD interview that I liked because, let's not kid ourselves, they reminded me of me.

There is, however, no separating Davies from his writing. It's how he defines himself, and the aspect of his life on which his self-esteem is based. "To me. It's not a job, it's not work, I wouldn't even call it a vocation, it's simply the way that I think, all day, every day."


And this on the books he grew up around, and reading.

Then there was his mother's collection of Agatha Christie paperbacks, and his own beloved stash of Asterix and Peanuts books. Even now, he can hear the rhythm of Charles Schulz's punchlines in his own writing.


Check, check, check...and check.

No comments: