Tuesday, April 07, 2009

See? I'm not imagining it!

Via Yahoo!, someone at the Television Without Pity site has put together a list of

The 10 Shows That Deserve to Return Next Fall (But Might Not)


I direct your attention to

Photobucket

2. "Life"
Charlie Crews, the fruit-loving L.A. detective with a Zen attitude, has become one of our favorite TV cops ever in just under two years, thanks to Damian Lewis' deceptively placid, quirky charisma. Photobucket This season, the weekly cases got more creative, the supporting cast got stronger (partly due to the addition of Donal Logue and Gabrielle Union) and the underlying conspiracy plot got twistier.


Now, I may disagree with some of the details here--I'm not so sure about the weekly cases, and I definitely disagree about Donal Logue's character making the cast stronger. (As I always feel compelled to point out--it's the character I find replusive, not the actor, who I've liked in other things).

But on the whole, you know I agree that the series deserves to return for a third season (and Gabrielle Union was an excellent addition).

I'd mention that the American Film Institute named "Life" one of the top 10 programs of last year, but, what th'hell, didn't do "Veronica Mars" any good.

Which brings me to...

Photobucket


6. "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles"
We've already lost one show with robots this season with the end of "BSG". Don't take our other one away from us. We need some robots kicking butt to really round out our weekly TV viewing.

Photobucket

Seriously though, we love the idea of this show and every time it starts to wear our patience thin with family drama, they hook us again with more cool Terminator technology.



Shirley Manson.

Photobucket
Cool Terminator technology.

1 comment:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I agree with you on all your choices..I loves me my LIFE and anything with Shirley Manson is okay with me. I love Garbage. And if we never see the end of the overreaching conspiracy of LIFE then I will feel cheated once again. Same reason I never got into LOST but Life's weekly mystery unrelated to the conspiracy was always entertaining in its own way.