Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Please answer this question

What AntiVirus Software Product do you use?

It has recently been made clear to me, at some cost, that I need to upgrade my virus protection. The following are, supposedly, some of the top programs out there; I thought I'd ask you, my vast reading audience, which if any you use and what your experience is.

BitDefender Antivirus

Kaspersky Anti-Virus

Webroot Antivirus

G DATA AntiVirus

ESET Nod32

ParetoLogic Anti-Virus PLUS

Vipre Antivirus + Antispyware

F-Secure Anti-Virus

Trend Micro

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Corey Klemow said...

AVG Antivirus Free, and I occasionally do spyware sweeps with AdAware and Spybot Search & Destroy. Never had a problem. But since I know you used AVG and still ran foul of some nastiness, I guess that's not helpful. (Was the Resident Shield part of AVG on and running? That's the bit that runs in the background and immediately gives you a warning if you go to an infected website. If for some reason it was off, you'd have left yourself vulnerable while browsing. If you double-click on the AVG icon in your lower-right taskbar, you can see whether the Resident Shield is on or off.)

Anonymous said...

Trend Micro - and it's worth its weight in gold!

I've gotten very proficient at reformatting my hard drive, and the day I found Trend I could have danced in the streets!

Love the title of your blog, by the way - very up my alley!