Saturday, April 04, 2009

While I'm in the mode of recommending things to watch on TV, don't you think it should be more than the same three shows?





Good thing I just caught Kristen Schaal's special on Comedy Central, isn't it?

You may know Schaal from her occasional commentaries on The Daily Show.
The Daily Show With Jon StewartM - Th 11p / 10c
Sexism
comedycentral.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesEconomic CrisisPolitical Humor

Certainly that is where I first saw her (and why I decided to give her special a shot). I'm glad I did. It was really, really funny; smart and kind of surreal.

In a way that Sarah Silverman often aims for but, to my eyes, misses as often as she hits (also Kristen's not as obsessed with talking dirty onstage).

I recommend keeping an eye out for the re-runs. Schaal's a very skilled comedianne.

Here's a couple of more clips. The first is from the special itself, the second is her doing an earlier form of some of the same material as the special.

Jokes.com
Kristen Schaal - Dancing Bird
comedycentral.com
Joke of the DayStand-Up ComedyFree Online Games


The Clip Joint: Kristen Schaal

No comments: