Saturday, May 02, 2009

I took my nephew Tristan to see Monsters vs. Aliens yesterday.

The reviews are accurate--not the best animated movie I've ever seen, but a lot of fun and the 3D was way-cool.

Susan "Ginormica" Murphy--well-voiced by Reese Witherspoon--effectively carries the film; to such an extent I think something like "The Powers of Susan" would've been a more-apt title (if considerably less marketable).



She bestrides the film like a Colossus.



(See?)

The other monsters all have their cute bits but they're definitely supporting characters, and there's really only one alien.

On another subject, I hope you won't find this too creepy, but I thought Susan was the sexiest animated heroine since Princess Jasmine in Aladdin.



That's not too creepy, right?

1 comment:

Viper said...

Dude, uber-creepy.

Now if you were to say Jessica Rabbit, maybe I could see it but...Dude...