Monday, June 22, 2009

Son of a bitch!

Ok. You guys know how I think Tim Burton is a talentless hack who wouldn't know a good screenplay if it bit him on his pale, pimply ass, right? Then you may also remember that I have long wondered, what is his deal with casting nominally brunette actresses (Winona Ryder, Christina Ricci) opposite Johnny Depp and making them into blondes?

Well...as if I needed yet another reason to hate him with all the heat of 1000 suns...look at what he's done to Anne Hathaway for what he's doing to Alice in Wonderland.

Blasphemer.

4 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I figured you would hate Anne's look in that movie. I think Tim hates beautiful women - the ones that rejected him back in high school. So any reason to ugly them up is okay with him.

jeopardygirl said...

I dunno, Cal. He did marry Helena Bonham Carter, who I think is quite pretty most of the time.

As for Anne...well, when you agree to star in Tim Burton's movies, you can't exactly expect the natural look...

Still, she does look hideous in that shot...

Ben Varkentine said...

Um, Jen? Obviously you haven't seen what Tim's doing to HBC for this movie yet...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1194668/First-glimpse-Johnny-Depp-Helena-Bonham-Carter-Alice-Wonderland-movie.html

...which would seem to support Cal and mine's points.

That Burton has *issues.*

Viper said...

Dude, send me the pic in an email. The Saudi fuckers block it.

I don't know if I want to see my future bride all uglied up but I can't help myself.