Saturday, July 25, 2009

Good on ya, Daniel


Daniel "Harry Potter" Radclife has spoken out against homophobia in a new interview. As you may know Radclife's own sexuality has been, shall we say, the subject of some speculation, but he is not, at least right now, openly gay.

Whether or not he is closeted I don't know & don't particuarly care. Only when possibly closeted gays are engaging in hypocritical, homophobic-empowering behavior do I think they should be "outed."

Incidentally I saw the new Harry Potter movie yesterday with my nephew. Very entertaining; fun, and surprisingly moving. As I think you know I haven't read the books, the movies I think have gotten better as they go.

This one had an old-fashioned quality to it, in a good sense. It reminded me of experiences going to see "family" films when I was my nephew's age (seven) or younger.

This may be because it was the first Potter film I've seen on the big screen, too.

(This entry is illustrated with images of Bonnie Wright, Evanna Lynch & Emma Watson instead of just Radclife. Because... well...y'know.)

2 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Evanna Lynch is the type of girl I would crawl over the desert for..cute and quirky and totally needing me to tell the people from the mental home that she is not here at the time they show up to get her. She is wicked cool.

Anonymous said...

dan hendaklah kamu tetap di rumahmu dan janganlah kamu berhias dan bertingkah laku seperti orang-orang Jahiliyah yang dahulu dan dirikanlah shalat, tunaikanlah zakat dan ta'atilah Allah dan Rasul-Nya. Sesungguhnya Allah bermaksud hendak menghilangkan dosa dari kamu, hai ahlul bait dan membersihkan kamu sebersih-bersihnya.