Saturday, August 22, 2009

10 Transports of Delight

In the past couple of years, Cool Runnings has become one of those movies which every time it's on TV, which it is a fair amount, I nearly always have to stop and watch, at least part of it. This is one of my favorite parts to stop and watch.



It's one of my favorite John Candy movies (and actually the whole ensemble's good), along with Planes, Trains & Automobiles, Stripes, and Splash ("...what about that, huh? What about a woman showing up naked in a public place, Freddie?" "Well I'm for it, of course."

In the above scene, BTW, notice that tbe whole "Derice, remember the radio? Radio? stick, hitting with the stick?" sequence seems to have been assembled from reused footage and ADR...but it works.

1 comment:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Yeh for sure one of Big John's best movies. But for me, it begins and ends with Uncle Buck.