Monday, August 31, 2009

A Guide to Recognizing Whores

Say...you know what word I don't use very often, even when I want to be nasty about someone? Whore. Not absolutely never, I mean I'll call someone a media whore, for example. But for the most part, I don't.

Part of that is because I think that the Urban Dictionary generally got it right when they defined it thus:



whore: A woman that sleeps with everyone but YOU!!!!!


Also I just don't like the word. Just yesterday I was looking at one of those YouTube clips that I find and occasionally post here from time to time, this one was of a couple of kids dancing to Dire Straits.

Not very well done (just from a technical standpoint--you could hardly hear the music), so I didn't post it. I did glance at the comments, tho, and saw that some stylish person had written simply:



Whores.


Couple of 15-year-old kids, for Christ's sake...

Now. To paraphrase Bill Cosby, "I told you that story, to tell you this one." Or rather, I wanted to establish that "whore" is not a word I toss around like a...well, like a whore sleeps around.

But, there is one exception. There is one person I have called a whore in the past, and will again in the future--the very, very near future. And it's not because they sleep with everybody but me.

But when you're a lesbian giving money to a homophobe because your daddy's rich and powerful and you are above the law...

Not to beat around the bush, when you are Mary Cheney.

You are a whore.

2 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

She is a cunt also if we can talk like prisoners around here.

Ben Varkentine said...

No, you can't, at least not in the "Derogatory term for a woman. Considered by many to be the most offensive word in the English language" sense in which you mean it.

I use that word even less than I use whore, but if I do use it, I mean it in the "A synonym for a woman's genitalia, vagina, pussy, etc" sense.