Thursday, October 15, 2009

Are they kidding me with this?

"First Thoughts" on MSNBC.com touts an AP piece that asks:


"is [Obama's] do-everything, be-everywhere leadership style in tune with the times?"


Um...yeah!

Obama is still liked by over half the country. He's shown himself willing to shoot for some big game (mixed-metaphorically speaking). I haven't liked the way he's taken every shot either, no one could unless they were blind Obama-worshippers. And between you and me, I think there's always been less of those than the GOP would like to believe.

But, if we do have a President who might be trying to keep too many balls in the air...well, I still remember the guy before who dropped every single one. I think we'll let this new, lanky fellow work a bit more of his act on us before we get the cane, youknowutImean?

MSNBC adds:

Obama’s constant presence is raising the ire of the GOP’s dispirited base, which could translate into big Republican vote against the president’s style during the mid-term elections.


Uh-Huh. Problem is, candidates who pander to "the GOP’s dispirited base" are not electable.

I won't even get into the part where the AP asks...they actually ask...whether or not one of Obama's problems might be that he's too articulate. I won't get into that, because if I do, I know I'll just give myself a headache...

No comments: