Saturday, October 17, 2009

Looking for something serious to read on this Saturday?

Here's a lengthy, but unusual, look at President Barack Obama as a writer. It'll take you about five minutes to read, but IMO it's well worth your time. Here's a little something to whet your appetite.

“I think he sees the world through a writer’s eye,” says senior White House adviser and former Chicago journalist David Axelrod. “I’ve always appreciated about him his ability to participate in a scene and also reflect on it. I mean, I remember when we were meeting clandestinely with the guys who were vetting the vice presidential candidates. There was this courtly southern gentleman who was doing the vetting. The president said to me, ‘This whole scene’s right out of a Grisham novel.’


(Admittedly, I think a familiarity with the work of Grisham doesn't do much to keep the President's literary bona fides afloat--but it gets better)

No comments: