Thursday, October 01, 2009

This is beautiful!

Ok. You guys know by now that I enjoy taking the occasional shots at Canada. It's done with affection. The Saw movies are made there, for God's sake, how could I not love the place?

And until recently I had a friend from there (we fell out for reasons that are not to be discussed on this blog). I just enjoy aiming a guided missle now and then towards the home of Cal's Cave of Coolness.

However I'm seriously not one to, in the words of the South Park movie, "Blame Canada." But if I did, they could take it. They're Canada.

You will also have noticed that I enjoy taking harsher, more gleeful bashes at Tennessee, and you know that my mocking of that illiterate, stupid state is not done at all with affection.

I will grant you that many cute women have been born there--Megan Fox,
Cybill Shepherd (well, she was cute once), Shannen Doherty, Bettie Page, Tina Turner--but I would also remind you the reason we know these women are so cute is because they got the fuck out of Tennessee.

So anyway, what's all this in aid of? It's in aid of noting this: Remember Bob Corker? He's the insane Republican senator from Tennesee. He just...

...took his opposition to health care reform to new heights yesterday when he insulted a former Canadian Public Health Minister by telling her that her country, which has universal health care, has a “parasitic relationship” with the United States because of its supposedly inferior health care technology.


(Per Think Progress)

It's a twofer! I love a twofer!

1 comment:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Yeh, been meaning to talk to you about overtaxing my missile defence system. Last time the fuse for the popcorn machine burnt out. NOT cool man. You should be aiming them at Megan Fox before toe thumbs become the next fashion accessory.