Saturday, October 03, 2009

What a creep.

Jay Leno Takes A Shot At Letterman

Jay Leno went after David Letterman last night, dropping a few Letterman jokes in his opening monologue. "If you came here tonight for sex with a talk show host," he told his audience, "you've got the wrong studio."

Leno then ended the monologue with "I'm happy to say that I've never had a sexual relationship with any of my staff members."


You may rightfully wonder why I consider Leno a creep for making jokes about something happening in the news, which is his job, when I don't feel the same way about:

Jimmy Fallon also took a swing at Letterman: ""There's a new book out called Why Women Have Sex that says there are 237 reasons why women have sex. And, folks, Letterman knows the top 10."



It's two reasons. First, Fallon's joke was funnier. And second, Leno owes--and to his credit, he's never denied this--much of his rise to memorable appearances on Letterman's Late Night show in the '80s. So this reads, to me, a lot like stabbing somebody in the back.

Or at the very least, kicking an old friend when they're down.

No comments: