Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Oh, now that really hurts.

If you were reading this blog earlier this year, you know how often exciting and sometimes brilliant I thought Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles was.

I suspect the fucking Terminator: Salvation movie that followed was pretty weak and charm-less, esp. in comparison.

But I must be fair and admit I didn't see it. I have very little interest in seeing it, except maybe to mock that self-important nutball Christian Bale.

I mention the film here now only for reasons that will become apparent shortly.

I'd more-or-less "come to terms" with TSCC having gone away.

I'll admit I had some residual resentment that Joss Whedon's Dollhouse remained on the schedule (albeit only for a while). Rightly or wrongly, I have it in my head that Fox chose between the two.

(I feel the same way about Jay Leno taking up five hours on NBC a week with his no-longer-funny simpering, when I could've had a third season of Life.)

(Whether that's true or not isn't the point.)

But I digress.

I accept the reality that TSCC never got the House-like ratings it deserved. That's the way it works: People don't watch show, show go 'way. When this show was on, though, I joined a message board or two to talk about it. I'm still on at least one mailing list.

...which is how, this evening, I received a message offering me a chance to enter into a competition to win...a DVD of Terminator: Salvation.

Irony is really kicking my ass tonight.

No comments: