Friday, April 08, 2011

The story to which Facebook doesn't want me to link

I was just trying to post a link on my Facebook wall to this story:

Christie Calls Teachers' Union 'Thugs'


My riff was going to be to cite this quote:

"I believe the teachers in New Jersey in the main are wonderful public servants and care deeply. But they're union – their union are a group of political thugs."

Emphasis mine.

Then I was going to say, "I like a story about criticizing teachers that ends up showing the need for good ones."

(I'm on a grammar kick today.)

As I say, that's what I was going to do. But when I tried, I got:

This message contains blocked content that has previously been flagged as abusive or spammy. Let us know if you think this is an error.


Now, I don't know if it was the use of the word "thugs" or just that in combination with "political." But I feel like it's got to say something about something that a U.S. Governor is using language you're not allowed to use on Facebook.

All in order of criticizing people for having the temerity to expect a decent wage and respect in the workplace for educating his constituents. Why wouldn't the GOP want the U.S. to have an educated populace?

Oh, right. ...right.

No comments: