Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Bad Dudes? Where?

The ever small-minded Rick "man on dog" Santorum was on The Daily Show last night, publicizing his timely response to Hillary Clinton's book.

ETA: I hope myself will forgive me for interupting like this, but I just found a quote from old woman-in-the-home, man-on-dog that's just too delightful not to post here:


When I asked him if he viewed gay marriage as a threat to his own marriage, he answered quickly. ''Yes, absolutely,'' he said. ''It threatens my marriage.


Oh, reeeally?

And now back to our earlier scheduled post.

A couple of the liberal blogs are feeling let-down that Stewart did not "go after" Santorum more wholeheartedly.

I know what they mean. There were certainly times when I wished Stewart would have rebutted one of Santorum's talking points with shall we say, harder logic. But at the same time, one of the things I think Stewart does best is something 98% of the other talk show hosts don't do: Try to engage his guests in conversation; making clear where he disagrees, which I think he did, but not hitting them with pepper spray a la Hardball.

Anyway, a blog called towleroad has a partial transcript of the appearance. I also recommend reading the comments, which mostly seem uncommonly well-informed and reasoned for blog readers (no offense, my vast reading audience).

Except, of course, for the guy (I'm guessing) who wrote in "You are all a bunch of AIDS Monkeys."

No comments: