Tuesday, October 18, 2005

and Good Luck

Terry Gross has a good interview on Fresh Air with George Clooney . At the risk of sounding like a starry-eyed teenybopper, I like Clooney. He's the kind of movie star that it's hard to resent because...well, it's a cliche, but the (straight) women want to fool around with him, and the (again, straight) men want to hang around with him.

I'm a straight man (no, really, no matter what you've heard), so I just want to hang out with him. He seems like such a...guy. He also comes off as pretty smart (I mean...for an actor) in this interview and others, with a good sense of humor about himself, and genuinely thoughtful.

The interview is mainly about his new movie about Murrow and McCarthy, but it wanders afield a bit to some interesting places. I hope to see the film this weekend, then I'll blog about it and you probably won't have to "listen" to me talk about it any more.

No comments: