Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A declaration of cease-fire

Good afternoon. In the past, this blogger has had some unkind things to say about Madonna. I have implied, in so many words, that she was a bit pathetic, and emotionally disengaged as a musician to boot. And not even that attractive anymore.

However. A fella named Glen Beck, of CNN, recently went on his show and had these things to say:



"Gee Madonna why would you think theres too much filth on TV? (he plays her
videos for like a virgin and American pie) Look at this I'm not even sure but I think I'm getting crabs just from watching this, really in fact if youre at home grab some penicillin, swallow
it otherwise youre gonna be peeing cookie dough tomorrow."

"Do you remember when Madonna made out with Britney spears at the vmas apparently that confused her daughter Lordes, which is a stupid name, she asked her mom she said "mom are you gay?" Madonna's response in that fake British accent "I am the mummy pop star and
she is the baby pop star and I am kissing her to pass my energy on to her." By energy, Madonna if you mean cold sours then yeah youre probably right."

Here are a few other things Beck has had to say recently, which should explain why I don't even want to be in the neighborhood of agreeing with him. He's a war-mongering, Democratic progressive-left bashing, sexist racist.

So: This blog is now a Madonna-bashing-free zone.

I will do my best to think of her, not as the...frankly kind of pathetic, emotionally disengaged musically, not even all-that-attractive person that she has become. Rather, as the comical sprite of action, overflowing with emotion, charm and beauty she must once have been.



I will take the position from here on out that if I cannot say something nice, I will not say anything at all.

About Madonna, that is. Bill O'Reilly, George Bush and Rush Limbaugh are all still fair game, although much less likely to have me run pictures of them naked.

Thank you for your attention; go about your day.

2 comments:

jeopardygirl said...

Okay, Thumper, good luck with the cease-fire. I give you until her next album...

BTW, she's probably totally shaved/waxed now.

Ben Varkentine said...

A question many people have been asking themselves...