Wednesday, July 26, 2006

And then Ben began to cry

Went to my video store today. Wednesday is "rent one, get one free" day. I'm scanning through the independent comedy section when a title leaps off the shelf and comes rushing into my eyes: My Girlfriend's Boyfriend.

I slumped back against the shelf behind me.

The plot revolves around a marriage. It's got a gay theme qnd a jealous gay character. And just to make me feel a little bit more like someone's encroaching on territory I thought I'd staked out, it features a supporting performance by 1980's pop star Deborah Gibson.

Times like these were made for Heaven 17. All hopeless fantasies are making fools of me...

I tried but could not bring
The best of everything
Too breathless then to wonder
I died a thousand times
Found guilty of no crime
Now everything is thunder



I'll turn the last card down...

1 comment:

jeopardygirl said...

Hey, I just thought of something...a TITLE change. Your story is not the same, I'm almost sure of it! So, if you could find another title you were happy with, that could work.

Don't give up, Ben. Have a Kleenex (or a shoulder).