Monday, January 29, 2007

God, I hate poets

Via TMZ:

Lesbian actress Tammy Lynn Michaels, partner of rocker Melissa Etheridge, is the first (and only) voice from Tinseltown's gay community to come out and defend the "Grey's Anatomy" pariah. In her blog, Hollywood Farm Girl, former "Popular" star Michaels writes, in free-form quasi-poetical Rosie-verse, that the Washington she knows -- the one whose kids play with her and Etheridge's kids -- "is not that man," i.e., the hot-tempered Isaiah currently in treatment for anger management.


Now, I think it's interesting context to know that this guy is friends with lesbians and his kids play with their kids. But she makes the point in such a frightfully precious way that it's hard for me to care.
Says Michaels,

he is not a bad man ...
i forgive his words,
because truth be told
i do not believe
the word
faggot
lives in his heart


Also, between this, Jodie Foster's standing up for Mel Gibson's inexcusable behavior, and of course, my BĂȘte noire, "The L Word," I was tempted to a bold, sweeping statement. To wit: Hollywood lesbians are stupid.

Fortunately, sense and sanity prevailed, and I know that can't be true. In some cases, though, I just don't know where their priorities are at.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

in your tiny little world, with your tiny little mind, and your silly little blog that no one reads....

who the fuck thinks we care about what you have to say?

you sit around and blog aout others' blogs?


luh-oooooozer.

Anonymous said...

I care. Ben has plenty of interesting things to say and you don't even have the guts to identify yourself. (I on the other hand can't remember my password)

A'mee

Ben Varkentine said...

There's nothing like posting mean, unidentified comments to prove just how much you don't care about what someone has to say.