Saturday, May 05, 2007

Flowers ( a true story)

It was just my kind of day, weatherwise, today. The sun was shining so I didn't need long sleeves or a coat, but there was a breeze so I didn't get too hot.

I walked to the movie theater, as I usually do when I go. On the walk back the weather was just as fine.

To get from my apartment building to the movie theater and back again you have to walk across a freeway overpass.

On the way home, there was a older woman, not a very old woman but older than me, standing alone at the railing and staring down at the traffic. In her hands was a bouquet of white flowers.

I slowed my pace as I took her in and as I approached I stared at her quite hard. Part of me wanted to talk to her but I didn't want to intrude. She never looked away from whatever she was looking at, or looking for.

1 comment:

jeopardygirl said...

wow, that's the sort of thing that would make a writer go crazy with questions.

I can think of about ten right now...