Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I know this is completely wrong, but...

If I Ran the Zoo has decided to start a new "Poetry Corner" feature. For the first "issue," NIP ran a little something by A. E. Housman. Trouble is, the first word of the poem is the name "Terence."

And once I read that, I couldn't stop myself from hearing the rest of it as if it were read by Terrance and Phillip from South Park.

Complete with fart jokes ("But take it: if the smack is sour"), the word "Buddy" added to the end of sentences, and exaggerated, comic, stereotypical Canadian accents.

Enjoy.

(I'm going to hell. In an attempt to stave off this fate, please accept this link to "King John's Christmas.")

1 comment:

Bill said...

As a snarky undergrad, I always loved that line: "And malt does more than Milton;To justify God's ways to man." Still do love it, actually - some truths are eternal . . .