Monday, July 02, 2007

God, I hate the public.

They had a chance to choose a song for Hillary Clinton's Presidential Bid. They chose Celine Dion's "You and I." Both candidate and voters choosing to overlook that Dion is


  1. Bad.
  2. French Canadian.


You'd think at least one of those would have disqualified her. At least some of Fleetwood Mac, including a key member or two, is American...

But as if that weren't bad enough, other nominees included "Right Here Right Now" by Jesus Jones and two U2 songs: "Beautiful Day" and "City of Blinding Lights." Which are better than Celine Dion but still, not American.

An American song they could have chosen is "Get Ready" by the Temptations. But I think the fact that Hillary didn't just veto everything else and say "this is my song" is going on my list of things I find spooky about her (along with the chocolate chip cookies and the refusal to admit a mistake):



Long live the Dixie Chicks.

4 comments:

jeopardygirl said...

I FUCKING HATE CELINE DION. And I am part French-Canadian.

Oh, Hillary, how could you?

(BTW, why does a presidential campaign NEED a theme song?)

Ben Varkentine said...

So they have something to play when the candidate takes the podium at speaking events.

Johnny Bacardi said...

Well, she just lost my vote right there.

It's a trivial thing, I know, but I hate hate hate Celine Dion.

Ben Varkentine said...

And I love love love the Dixie Chicks...