Monday, July 02, 2007

What's shocking about this is how completely and utterly unshocking it is

President Bush commuted the sentence of former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby on Monday, sparing him from a 2 1/2-year prison term that Bush said was excessive. Bush's move came hours after a federal appeals panel ruled Libby could not delay his prison term in the CIA leak case.



I mean, honestly, who really expected him to do anything else? I have the feeling that Media Matters is going to be all over the republican reaction very soon, and they'll probably make some very good points.

But really...yeah, I'll say it again: Who honestly expected him to do anything else? This is George W. Bush. The man who thinks he can tell other countries how to have a government when it's plain he doesn't have the first idea.

And not that I think there are many non-Democrats reading this, but if there are, I'll say again that criticising Bush goes beyond political bias. It's a question of comptence: On any reasonable, rational standard, the man has none.

It's not surprising that he would do this, it's barely even curious. The only thing I'm curious about is whether Tom Delay or Jack Abramoff will call first to say "Hey, what about me?"


No comments: