Monday, July 30, 2007

Here's a colortini to you, buddy

Talk show host Tom Snyder has died at the age of 71.

I'm too young to remember the 1970s version of his show, but I enjoyed his return in the '90s. I remember disagreeing with a pal who liked to make fun of his occasional rambling, which I found a bit charming. I looked at him like a eccentric but beloved older relative.

Plus, the fact that he wrote the introduction to a book of Harlan Ellison's and frequently had the writer on as a guest, certainly didn't hurt him in my eyes. His show is also how I was introduced to Bonnie Hunt, with whom he had a great chemistry. He seemed to really enjoy the way she could make her every line come alive with humor.

I'm just glad we passed through the Craig Kilborne phase (shudder) and now Craig Ferguson is on...

1 comment:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

My favorite memory of him was when he had the Sex Pistols on his show. It was so clear that they came from different generations that it was astounding.