Sunday, August 05, 2007

Is it wrong that I totally want to meet this person?

One of the 35 books that I have checked out from the library right now (yes, you read that right) is My Life by Bill Clinton. Now-at my library, as perhaps at yours, when you check out books you have the option of having a printed "receipt" listing their titles and due dates.

I rarely do this, because I'm practically fetishistic about checking the library web site, and almost always know what's due, what I have waiting for me on hold, etc. But, sometimes you find these scraps of paper left in the books by people who had them before you.

There are no names or other identifying marks, of course, but it can be interesting to see what else people who have read what you are reading, have checked out from the library. Like for instance, someone who had the Bill Clinton book before me also checked out at the same time:

Ella enchanted
DVD

W.i.t.c.h. Graphic novel #2, by Parke Godwin

Hello Kitty & friends. 3.

Now, the way I see it, there are two possibilities here. The first is that there is someone else out there who likes Anne Hathaway, graphic novels, Parke Godwin, adorable cartoon characters and pop culture, but who also likes to be intelligent and informed about recent events.

Clearly I must find this person so I can make her my queen.

Of course, the other possibility is that this person is a teenage girl who just had a report due on Clinton, in which case, yes, it is wrong that I totally want to meet her.

However, I choose to believe that she's just emotionally still a teenager, like most of us.

1 comment:

PJ said...

Lol, you'll find your princess someday (maybe)