Monday, August 06, 2007

Resolved:

This blog is about to get a lot less political.

I know it's not terribly political now, what with the cult tv show and movie references, reviews of obscure (at least in this country) Canadian reality shows, posting other people's homemade videos and clips from my favorite movies, observations on whatever "chick lit" I'm reading this week and arty portraits of naked women.

But I do still look in on the news at least once or twice a week. That is about to stop. Why?

This is why.


Despite the clamor from the Democratic political base for the more drastic step of impeaching Bush, Cheney and Gonzales, Democratic congressional leaders have avoided making any moves that voters might see as a political vendetta.


I was being deadly serious when I said, a few weeks ago, that when people say things like this it makes me want to scream. I tried to be funny about it what with the Daffy Duck picture and all, but I was deadly serious.

It just makes me want to scream. In fact that's what I did when I read that paragraph. And that's when I knew that I was going to have to stop keeping even one eye on the Democrats, Bush, Cheney, Gonzales et all for a while.

For the good of my own mental health, and for this blog's aesthetic value. Because, if I keep reading news items like that, you're going to keep reading blog posts like this:

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!

THEY STILL DON'T GET IT!!

BILL CLINTON HAS TAUGHT THEM NOTHING!!!

The voters can-and could always-tell the difference between an impeachment that was a political vendetta and one that is a necessary corrective. It is only--and I do mean only--the senate and congressional "leaders" and the pundit class who cannot.

That is why the disgust level with the Democrats keeps rising and rising. Because everybody--everybody--can see that the Bush administration has been and is a hateful, murderous disaster.

And everybody can now see that these people...the people we charged with catching these, these lizards with delusions of humanity...are too afraid to do anything about it. Because they fear somebody might say they're being mean.

There is nothing mean about standing up to bullies. Even the bullies know that. It's what real men and women do. It seems there are very few of either in Washington. And none with the juice to actually get anything done.

Now I ask you...

Would you rather read a lot more posts like that, or would you rather I start posting more nudes?

That's what I thought.

No comments: