Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Anyway...

I am presently opposed to Hillary Clinton's candidacy. For me, my opposition lies in the belief that, of the two remaining Democratic candidates, Obama has a better chance of getting done the things that I think need to be done in the next four years.

I think I'm reasonably informed about Mrs. Clinton. I don't know if I could say I've made a serious study of her but I have read a few books about her and her husband. Plus I've lived with her on the world stage for over 15 years.

You may well be asking yourself, what is all this in aid of? It's in aid of leading into this Politico/CBS News story about how if Clinton's presumed competency in running the country is what her supporters are banking on...

...let's just say the campaign has shot a few holes in that theory.

4 comments:

Richard said...

Politico as a reliable source? Really?

Ben Varkentine said...

Fair enough, but I'd feel worse about it if you could point to something *in that story* which is misrepresented.

I think it's true that Mrs Clinton has made enough mistakes in her campaign for some to be wary, and that's what the story says.

And anyway, no source is always reliable...except, of course, for Danny Concannon.

Richard said...

'm not faulting you, but faulting CBS for giving Politico credibility and respectability they don't deserve. It has nothing to do with whether or not we agree with this particular article; it's still a slanted opinion piece disguised as straight reporting.

Ben Varkentine said...

In turn, I don't want to make it seem as though I'd defend this article to the death.

But I disagree that it's in any way disguised, of *course* it's an opinion piece.