Thursday, April 10, 2008

I really shouldn't let myself get into such a bind

I gotta remember: No getting involved in other people's psychodrama. No getting involved in other people's psychodrama...

But, I've found myself in another argument lately with some who seem to think you cannot support feminism--which I do--and not support Hillary Clinton, which, as you know, I do not.

This has led me down the path of thinking about how all women don't have to (and don't) think alike. As luck would have it, as I've been thinking about this, I've stumbled across a few articles that illustrate the point. Here are some links.

(I don't often do these "linkfests," but it seemed appropriate in this case)

Some women don't seem terribly conflicted about supporting Obama at all. Even icons of feminism like Alice Walker, for example, who gives her views on Obama here.

And here's an interview with Obama himself.

Many women do find themselves in a bind this election year, however, namely--shhhhhhhhhhhhh!--they support Obama.

And here is the story of his mother.

And finally, a new scientific, bi-partisan poll conducted for Lifetime, "the network for women" finds Clinton is losing appeal among women.

Also, it's a wash as to whether or not they think she's been impacted negatively by sexist coverage in the news. A notable percentage does think that, but it's not even a majority of her supporters.

No comments: