Monday, May 19, 2008

An American family in front of 75,000 people.

Holy Cow.



Y'know, as a rule, I don't like to get into the race thing too much when talking about Obama. I'm not naive enough to think that it isn't a factor, but I also think it's short-sighted, and maybe dangerously so, to overstate its importance in his groundbreaking success.

I believe, if you will forgive me an obvious allusion, this success is at least as much to do with the content of his character as the color of his skin. That said, however...

I have to admit that it gladdens my heart to see a black, American family standing up together before an amazing crowd of their fellow countrymen. The husband and father all but certain to be his party's nominee.

As Craig Ferguson says, it's a great day for America, everybody...

No comments: