Friday, May 23, 2008

Right: I am not making this up...

Believe it or not, every afternoon, I sit down here, and I say, "OK. I'm not going to do any posts about Hillary Clinton." And every day she does something that I find absolutely irresistible to comment on.

Like yesterday, when, as I said, she equated the "disenfranchisement" of Florida and Michigan with slavery. Or, like today, when she said the reason she hasn't dropped out of the primaries is because, y'know, Robert Kennedy was shot in June and you never know what might happen.

Now: That would be a shitty thing to say under any circumstances (especially when, as I understand it, Obama had to take Secret Service protection early because of threats). But considering what happened to Ted Kennedy this week...it's an exceptionally stupid and insensitive thing to say.

And indefensible.

No comments: