Friday, May 23, 2008

John Hajduk takes things a wee bit too seriously

Got time for an email?

("Yes, Ben, there's always time for email, launch the rocket and we sail, flying from Mars to email...Gotta go now, I've gotta make out with Mick Jagger.")

This is from John, commenting on my post w/the David Bowie video yesterday:

David Bowie, "inventor of rock and roll"? I like your blog, but that's about the most idiotic thing I've read in I don't know how long. It's also incredibly disrespectful to all those folks who preceded him (and who I'd guess he'd credit himself).

John Hajduk


Now, there are two possibilities here. One is that I truly do think David Bowie is the inventor of rock and roll, and was being idiotically disrespectful to folks like Robert Johnson, Chuck Berry and Ray Charles.

The other is that I was using deliberately inflated rhetoric to pay tribute to someone who is something of a hero (along with Kraftwerk and Roxy) to the kinds of musicians that I like.

Which do you think it could possibly be?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Point taken, and I feel properly chastised. But humorous or not, the statement was still idiotic.

John Hajduk