Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Movies that apparently few of you have seen, or at least remember

Being the (unguessed) answers to my annual "name that movie" quiz...



9. "Yeah, I had a dream, Charlie, but now I’m awake. And I hate my dream."


Was from Carlito's Way. A film I think takes itself way too seriously; is flawed and overrated, but man I empathize with that line.



5. "This mission sucks!"


Was from the Lost in Space movie, and truer words were never spoken. As Peter David said, to LiS movie writer Akiva Goldsman, "subtext" is something you find spray-painted on the side of the Red October.

So why does that quote stay with me? Because Apollo 440 sampled it into their dance-rock-trash remake of the theme, by far the greatest thing to come out of the movie.





Not that this is saying a lot...




4. "How could you?"

"It was easy."


Are from I, the Jury. Asked by a woman who's just been killed; answered by the man who's just killed her.

The "hero," yet.

It's that kinda movie.



2. "Well now, what about that, huh? What about a woman showing up naked in a public place, Freddie?"
"Well I'm for it, of course."


...this one, I'm surprised none of you got. I was deliberately going for a mix of the blockbuster and the more obscure this year, but for pete's sake.

One of the funniest movies of the past 25 years? Anybody?

No comments: