Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Late-night letters



1. Dear Minnie...

I liked you in Good Will Hunting, Grosse Pointe Blank, Return to Me; Ella Enchanted, and loved you in The Riches.

But on this point, trust me, your thinking is fucked.

Minnie Driver has revealed that she has no plans to include her baby's father at any time during the birth.

"I'm not married and I don't know if I'll stay with the guy," she told the New York Post.


"It's great to be an independent creature. Today you don't need a man any more. In the old days, a baby without marriage and people would put you out. I'm very into feeling this female thing."


2.

Barack Obama's running mate says a campaign ad that mocked Republican presidential candidate John McCain as an out-of-touch, out-of-date computer illiterate was "terrible" and would not have been done had he known about it.


Dear Sen. Joe Biden: Whose side are you on?

Asked about the negative tone of the campaign, and this ad in particular, during an interview broadcast Monday by the "CBS Evening News," Obama's running mate, Sen. Joe Biden, said he disapproved of it.

"I thought that was terrible, by the way," Biden said.

Asked why it was done, he said: "I didn't know we did it and if I had anything to do with it, we'd have never done it."


You unbelievable dumbass. You have just given the other side ammunition for attacking Obama's integrity. When are Democrats going to realize this isn't West Side Story, it's an honest-to-god street fight?

Let me explain to you what I want to hear from a running mate, Joe (in public, at least-private is a different matter): Cheers. Put on the damn sweater and pom-poms, Joe.

As far as you're concerned, it's the opening weekend of Die Hard, Obama is Bruce Willis; McCain is Alan Rickman. Or to paraphrase another top '80s movie:
You just got lesson number one: don't think [out loud]; it can only hurt the ball club.

No comments: