Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Y'know, cause he was in "Wall Street," so...

It's come to this. As we all know, Wall St. is in a bit of a crisis right now. I haven't said very much about it because frankly, most if not all of it is so far over my head I would drown.

I try not to talk about things I don't understand, with the obvious exception of women (rim-shot!).

But you know, I think we can all agree this is a situation that calls for real, honest-to-god leaders of this nation. So, who did reporters ask about it?

Michael Douglas.

Now, everybody remembers the catch phrase, "Greed is good," but that whole speech is frighteningly seductive, and some of the best writing in any Oliver Stone picture I have seen.



It might indeed give us some insights as to what led to the real Wall Street going belly-up.

So who do we ask? Stanley Weiser & Oliver Stone, who wrote it?

No, let's ask the guy who played the role.

(Not that he wasn't impressive--won the Academy Award, too)

But seriously-if "real" reporters ever wonder why people trust the Daily Show correspondents at least as much as they trust them, something like this might just be a big ol' fucking clue.

No comments: