Tuesday, September 23, 2008

There are no lesbians

Good news (sort of).

According to a new study by GLAAD, there are more bisexual or gay regular characters on mainstream, prime-time television than ever before.

The reason why I say this is only "sort of" good news is that according to the same study, none of those characters are lesbians. Photobucket There are bisexual women, but no lesbians.

Sadly, you don't have to stretch your mind too far to see why that might be: Fellas who think a little lesbian-type loving is sexy, but can't imagine women who don't ever want a little deep-dish dicking (forgive the raunchy).

As GLAAD says in their statement, this is a positive sign, but more work remains to be done.


Sign me up!

(For what?)






So far as I know (which isn't very far at all), neither of these actresses--Shannon Marie Woodward (on the left) & Liza Weil (on the right)--is gay or bisexual.

I'm using their pictures here because they are who I would most like to get to play my lesbian couple characters, Keitha & Annabel (respectively), if I could.

No comments: