Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I don't understand this

At a high school in New Hampshire today, exams were stopped so that students could watch the inauguration. That's not what I don't understand, of course--I'm sure it was only one among many. But reportedly, some parents called to complain.

“I had half a dozen phone calls,” said [Principal Bob] Stevens. “(Parents saying), ‘you shouldn’t be doing this,’ about why we’re paying attention to the inaugural at all. Some took their kids out of school. Their argument was, ‘did you do this when George Bush was president?’”

The parents who complained called it a “politically-biased event,” said Stevens.


Politically biased? As some smart guy said the morning after election day:
This morning is probably the only morning I could say something like this with a straight face, but I feel like this is a time for all Americans to revel.

No matter what your color is, even no matter if you voted for Obama or did not, unless you're a racist bigot, you have to feel good that our country has finally gotten to this point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well did they do this when G W Bush was inaugurated?
Did they?
Just one question is all I'm askin, I don't want a smart ass remark just a simple yes or no will do.

PS:
Besides me has anyone ever read your CRAP?