Wednesday, January 21, 2009

PS: I love you

Letters, oh we get letters...

A bravely anonymous reader writes to query a post from yesterday. Specifically the one in which I said I didn't understand why any parent would complain about time being taken out of their children's school day to watch Obama being inaugurated.

They ask:



Well did they do this when G W Bush was inaugurated?
Did they?
Just one question is all I'm askin, I don't want a smart ass remark just a simple yes or no will do.


I reply: I don't know, but I don't think so. Of course, a white man had been inaugurated president like three dozen times before. But like Obama or not, yesterday was an honest-to-god historical first.

It hardly seems surprising to me that teachers would want their students to see it. That was my point. I hope that answer was simple enough for you, and that you found it refreshingly free of smart assery.

He, she or it further goes on to say:



Besides me has anyone ever read your CRAP?



A fair question. Yes. As of this moment, I average about 78 visitors a day who spend an average of two minutes and 15 seconds here. You may well ask: Why? I dunno.

In fact, that reminds me. I'm late for for my semi-annual "tell me who you are" post, which goes a little something like this...

Yo, all you homeboys and girls out there!

I'd just like to know a little bit about who you are and where you came from. Or what you like or not about the blog.

So if you wouldn't mind, tap on the comments line down there to the right and introduce yourself. Tell me anything and everything you want me to know, or you think I might like to know about you.

A few suggested questions to answer follow. Use as many or none of them as you like. BTW, this is strictly for my own curiosity, I'm not conducting a demographic survey or anything.

When and how did you find my blog?

When you're not reading this blog, what are you trying to do with your life?

And how's that going for you?

Where did you grow up, and where do you live now?

Children?

Pets?

Do you miss the "female appreciation" posts, or have you just moved over to Dancing Girls?

Do you ever watch the videos I post? What makes you more likely or less likely to watch them, if anything?

Does my claiming to watch the Saw movies in order to psychoanalyze Jigsaw and his victims worry you about me?

Is there too much talk about Anne Hathaway around here? Note: If your answer to this one is yes, the door is over there, Jack.

4 comments:

jeopardygirl said...

I'm of two minds as to whether or not there is too much Anne Hathaway coverage. But it's not my blog, so...whatever.

Hi. I'm a long time reader, many time commentor, and (I think) your friend. I'm in Canada. I went back to school for film. I am 12 pages into a complex murder mystery script and enjoying it. I have three cats. Sometimes I watch the videos, now that I have a properly running computer, it's a matter of the amount of time I have when I glance at your blog.

P.P.S. I know... ;)
(haha)

George said...

I think I've commented enough over the years (it has been years, hasn't it?) not to need an intro, plus there's pages and pages at my place.

So keep it up and people do read you, yes.

I'm fighting my smart-ass response to your anonymous reader.

Unknown said...

I met Ben back on the message board of a certain comic book author who shall remain nameless. We've both written for Ink19.com, and I try to keep up with what he's currently working on. Plus I like to let him know there is someone sane in Tennessee. :)

Ben Varkentine said...

Who is this "Ben" you speak of?

Oh right, me...