Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Following up on Bill O’Reilly's following, and feelings on, females

Two things.

One:

Apparently concerned we'd need more proof of his idiotic misogyny, O'Reilly decided to declare that women need to stay home with the kids while the men go out and make all the money.

This is 2009, in case you'd forgotten.

Funny thing is--unquestionably because I am the result of a single parent upbringing--I happen to think a child does need two parents. An extended family of friends and relations doesn't hurt either.

I get a little crotchety whenever I see the "You don't need a partner to raise responsible, emotionally healthy children" meme which sometimes goes on out there. I think you do.

But, I don't think that in such a pairing, the woman must be the one to stay home. I don't even think it must be a man and a woman, it could be a woman and a woman, or a man and a man.

Two:

That blogger he ambushed went on the Keith Olberman show today to discuss it.



Hey, O’Reilly? Punks jump up, to get beat down!

2 comments:

jeopardygirl said...

One thing struck me at the end. Why did Olberman feel the need to apologize for "all of television for [O'Reilly]?" It's not as if Terkel and anyone who chooses to write content for the internet have turned their backs on TV. Weird.

Ben Varkentine said...

I think to the extent that Olbermann meant that seriously, he meant that he was embarassed as someone who works in television as O'Reilly does.