Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Wait a minute, this doesn't make sense

Far be it from me to defend Michael Bay...really, really far be it...but I have to call bullshit on something.

According to Jason Solomons of UK’s Guardian, Megan [Fox] had to wash a car at director Michael Bay’s house to audition for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Solomons reports, “[Michael] made her wash his Ferrari while he filmed her. She said she didn’t know what had happened to that footage. When I put it to Bay himself, he looked suitably abashed — ‘Er, I don’t know where it is either.’ ”


Now, it would appear that my reaction is supposed to be one of disdain for Bay playing sophmoric games with young actresses. Which for all I know he does. But...you see it, don't you?

Why the heck would Fox need to audition for the Transformers sequel, when she'd already starred as the female lead in the original (inasmuch as anything in the Transformers movies is original)?

It was considered her breakout role, she was a Maxim, FHM and GQ cover girl; ranked one of the hottest women in the world. I'm just saying, it would seem to me that any negotiations concerning her return would involve a lot of getting down on knees and begging, and not on her part.

BTW, I got two new (to me) pieces of information from her Wikipedia page. The first is that she was born and lived for the first 10 years of her life in Tennessee, god's gift to collectors of human oddity and the insane.

The second...

TotalFilm recently interviewed the actress and asked her how she would stop the villainous Megatron from demolishing the planet. Fox first said that she would "make a deal with him," adding: "and instead of the entire planet, can you just take out all of the white trash, hillbilly, anti-gay, super bible-beating people in Middle America?"


Girl knows what she's talking about...

No comments: