Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Y'know...I hate to be distracted by an issue of style over substance...but...

Ok, there's a quote that started going around the news sites and such yesterday:

Vice President Joe Biden said today that if Democrats were to lose 35 House seats they currently hold in traditionally Republican districts, it would mean doomsday for President Obama’s agenda.

Biden said Republicans are pinning their political strategy on flipping these seats.

If they take them back, this the end of the road for what Barack and I are trying to do,” the vice president said at a fundraiser for Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) today in Greenville, Delaware.


I hope Biden is being pessimistic. But here's what hit me: Since when does does a Vice President refer to the President by his first name, in public? Isn't it usually "President Obama," or "The President?"

Like I say. Not even a big deal. But it hit me.

No comments: